Just a very quick post, since Fiona and I are leaving soon to drive to my father's house
to have dinner with him and my stepmother. We've been packing and organising all day - we fly
out tomorrow at 1pm!
But you don't care about that; you care about the <strong>new Thistle alpha release</strong>!
You can <a href="http://www.scotlandsoftware.com/blog/dev/thistle/thistle_alpha_2.tgz">download Thistle alpha 2 here</a>.
You can also still <a href="http://www.scotlandsoftware.com/blog/dev/thistle/thistle_alpha.tgz">download alpha 1</a> (you luddite).
For those upgrading from alpha 1, just remember these points:
- Replace “index.php” with the new version.
- Set all your options appropriately in the new “index.php”.
- If you’re using any of the types included with Thistle, use the new versions.
- At the very least, add the new “rss2.php” and “attrib.php” types to your types folder.
- Use the new versions of the modules too.
- Read the “RELEASE_NOTES.txt” file for a list of improvements and additions.
Have fun, and don't forget to <a href="http://www.scotlandsoftware.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=10">report bugs on the Bug Reports forum</a>!
I'll resume development, and address any issues raised by alpha 2, as soon as I get back from Gran Canaria. ;)