We currently have a new product in development, and whilst working on it, it occurred to me
that it would be useful in certain contexts to be able to detect URLs in text, even those specified in a syntactically-invalid
but still commonly human-readable format. All of the URL-recognition engines I've played with have fallen
down in one way or another, so I set out two days ago to create my own.
The result (still in progress in itself, of course) is something I've named "hURLer" (since that's what I called
the test-project I created for development). I've got to get some sleep now (it's nearly <em>6am</em>!), but I
thought I'd post a screenshot of hURLer in action, since I haven't posted in a couple of days. Enjoy.