Based on feedback, I've made some further improvements to my Rendezvous Screen Sharing system.
Most of the changes concern the browser application
(<a href="http://www.scotlandsoftware.com/images/screensharing/screen_sharing_browser_v17.png">new screenshot here</a>).
I'll be turning my attention to the server soon. In any case, the full list of changes is below.
- Server now defaults to being on when launched.
- Service name is now "<Full name of logged-in user> @ <Computer name>".
- Server window now remembers position/size between launches.
- Server now defaults to full-size (100%) screenshots.
- Significantly increased quality of scaled-down screenshots.
- Fixed some memory leaks.
- Screenshots are now saved via a button, which shows a standard save-sheet. The sheet remembers the last place you saved a screenshot, and takes you there by default.
- Saved screenshots are named by default as "YYYY-MM-DD HH-MM-SS <Full name of logged-in user> @ <Computer name> Screen.tiff".
- All forward-slashes or colons in proposed filenames are converted to dashes, to prevent errors when saving.
- Screenshots are now retrieved via a button, or by pressing return when a computer is selected in the list.
- We now show little iMac icons in the list beside each computer.
- There's now a SplitView to separate the service list from the screenshot view. The splitter remembers its position between launches.
- The browser window remembers its dimensions and position between launches.
- You can now zoom the browser window via the keyboard (cmd-shift-M). This is the same as clicking the zoom (+) widget in the titlebar.
- The screenshot preview area now supports grab-scrolling.
<a href="http://www.scotlandsoftware.com/ftp/screensharing/screen_sharing_v17.tgz">Download the new apps here</a>.
No new source available right now; I have plenty of feature-requests to work through!