I was thinking recently that it would be nice to get an idea of who’s using my Cocoa source code, whether it’s in shipping apps or otherwise. Plenty of you have emailed me when you’ve used some of my code, but I know it’s easy to forget to do that, especially if the release date is quite a while after you integrate a particular chunk of code.
What I’d like to do is set up a page linking to any apps (or to the sites of any developer) using my code, partly for my vanity (of course!) and partly as something to show to potential clients. If you’d like to be mentioned (and you’ve actually used some of my code - no cheating), please either post a comment here or alternatively drop me a line via my gmail address (matt.gemmell). Even if you don’t want me to mention you, perhaps because your product isn’t yet released, I’d still like to hear from you.
For those who are happy for me to link to them, I’ll include the name of your software and either the name of your company or your own name, and I’ll naturally link to your site. If your app is available for download as a trial version or such, I’ll maybe even grab the icon to use beside your link, if that’s cool with you (let me know if not). So, the info to include is:
- Name of your awesome app which uses some of my code.
- Name of developer (either your company or yourself; it's up to you).
- URL to link to.
- Optionally: a brief blurb about your app; try to keep it to just a few sentences.
- Optionally: name of the source code package(s) you used, e.g. HUDWindow, TunesWindow, MGViewAnimation.
- Optionally: whether it's ok to use the app icon (preferred) or company logo beside your link.
- Optionally: whether it's ok to mention you at all. I'll assume it's ok if you don't specify.
It would be really great to get an idea of which apps out there are using some of my code; that’s what it’s there for, after all. And as I said, even if you don’t want to be mentioned in any public list, please do feel free to drop me a line anyway to let me know. As this blog’s tagline may have conveyed, I’m all about the ego. ;)
Update: The new Featured Apps page is now up.