We spent most of Saturday at my mother’s house, cleaning out my old stuff since she’s redecorating. Accordingly, I have a bunch of stuff to sell, and I thought I’d post a list here to give my treasured readers first dibs.
I’ll be putting up pics and such soon. If you’re interested in any of this, drop me an email (matt.gemmell, gmail) mentioning what stuff you want and make me an offer (please do make it email rather than instant message, by the way). Note that all devices are UK models where appropriate, with corresponding plugs etc, and that any postage is from the UK at your cost. You’re entirely welcome to collect in person too (west end of Glasgow, Scotland).
Anything that doesn’t sell goes on eBay, or gets kept if I really like it. Here’s the list:
Canon XM2 3-CCD digital camcorder
Includes everything in the standard XM2 pack, including the box, all cables, accessories, remote control and manual. Everything is in absolutely perfect condition, as brand new. I mean this: everything is perfect. I bought the camcorder in 2004, as I recall, and it’s been used perhaps 3 times, and has been safely packed away at all other times.
I’m also including the following extras:
- A big black Jessops holdall-style bag with padded movable sections, which holds pretty much all the kit you'd want to take around with you. The sections are set up for the XM2 and all its gear.
- A tripod, and a shoulder case for it.
- 3 MiniDV tapes.
- An extra battery pack (the double capacity one).
- A really long MiniDV-to-Firewire (400) cable.
I had a look at the XM2 price comparison page at Kelkoo and it seems that the current price of the basic XM2 pack tends to be about £1,350.
Formac Studio DV / TV
Analogue-Digital/Digital-Analogue converter, break-in/break-out box, TV/radio tuner. Features:
- Firewire interface
- Used to capture digital or analogue (with hardware conversion) video/audio to your Mac via firewire, i.e. to bring footage into iMovie, Final Cut Pro etc
- Includes internal TV and radio tuner hardware
- Mains powered, AC adapter included (UK)
- AC power out (so you can power your camera from the box; no additional plug socket needed)
- Audio L/R in
- Audio L/R out
- Video in, video out
- S-Video in, S-Video out
- Firewire in, Firewire out (Firewire 400 jack)
- TV antenna
- Radio antenna
- No box, manuals or software, but you can get the manuals etc from Formac's website
- Includes Firewire cable
Darkwing Duck action figures
I’m not sure you can make me a good enough offer to sell these; I desperately want to hang onto them! But you never know, so here are the details.
All 8 Darkwing Duck figures in the set: Darkwing, Gosalyn, Launchpad, Tuskernini, Bushroot, Megavolt, Honker, and Steelbeak. All are in their original, unopened packaging. These have never been opened, and have been kept in a further box so there’s no fading either.
Also, Darkwing’s Thunderquack jet (this one has been opened and assembled then disassembled and re-boxed, still in its original box). There are a couple of tiny plastic pieces of piping missing from the Thunderquack, but it’s otherwise all there.
Nintendo NES with Super Mario Bros 3 and 2 control pads
Includes all cables etc (power, RF). No manuals or inserts, but in original box in mint condition (no fading).
All cables, leads etc. 2 control pads (one official, one third-party with autofire etc) All games are in their original packaging with manuals etc, and no fading.
Games are: Zombies (ate my neighbours), Super Mario All Stars, F-Zero, Super Castlevania IV, Cybernator, Starwing, Jurassic Park, Batman Forever, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Also includes Super Mario World (manual and cartridge only; was included in the SNES box) and an Action Replay cartridge (cheat cart, just like a Game Shark).
No boxes, but all in mint condition and including all manuals, cables etc (SCART connection or red/white/yellow). 2 control pads (both official; one grey and one black). Also:
- Memory upgrade unit x 2
- Rumble Pak
- Memory card x 1
Games are: Super Mario 64, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask, Star Wars Episode I Racer, Jet Force Gemini, F-Zero X, Castlevania 64, Super Smash Bros, Donkey Kong 64 and Star Wars Rogue Squadron. Also includes Action Replay cheat cartridge.
Gameboy Color games
Just the games, no console included. Will play on a GBC or a GBA/GBA-SP. All boxed with all manuals, inserts etc, no fading. Games are: Tetris DX, Warioland II, Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX, Street Fighter Alpha, Super Mario Bros Deluxe.
Note: Gameboy Color games, as with games for all Nintendo handhelds, are region-free and will play on any Gameboy Color regardless of where it was purchased.
Star Trek Micro Machines
A huge set of Star Trek vessels from the Micro Machines range. Includes one large box set with 16 items: Enterprise NCC-1701, Excelsior, Klingon K’Vort Cruiser, Enterprise NCC-1701-D, Runabout, Klingon Battlecruiser, Klingon Bird of Prey, Shuttlecraft (from 1701-D), Borg cube, Deep Space Nine station, Romulan Bird of Prey (from original series), USS Reliant, Romulan Warbird, Ferengi Marauder, Cardassian Galor Warship, Enterprise NCC-1701-A.
Also includes 3 small sets: Set 1 (Enterprise NCC-1701-B, Klingon Bird of Prey with movie-style paint, Enterprise NCC-1701-D with separating saucer section), Set 2 (Enterprise NCC-1701-C, Borg cube, Ferengi Marauder), and Set 3 (Cardassian Galor Warship, Deep Space Nine station, Runabout).
Includes individual stands for everything. All boxed (opened) and in great condition.
A bunch of books I no longer need, mostly textbooks. All are in mint condition.
- Building Cocoa Applications, A Step by Step Guide (Garfinkel, Mahoney)
- Haskell: The Craft of Functional Programming, 2nd ed (Thompson)
- Designing the User Interface, 3rd ed (Shneiderman)
- Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach, 2nd ed (Russell, Norvig)
- Discrete Mathematics and its Applications, 4th ed (Rosen)
- Computers from Logic to Architecture, 2nd ed (Dowsing, Woodhams, Marshall)
- Psychology, 5th ed (Gleitman, Fridlund, Reisberg)
- Psychology: Study Guide, 5th ed (Jonides, Rozin)
- Psychology, 4th ed (Bernstein, Clarke-Stewart, Roy, Wickens)
- The Pythons Autobiography by The Pythons (Monty Python autobiography)
That’ll do it for now. Get in touch via email with questions etc, or post a comment below. Shazzam!